Monday, March 24, 2008

Amigurumi turtle and koala :)



Well I spent today with crochet hook in hand, as seems to be the norm for me lately *L* Ne-who I finished two more friends ^-^ yay

First I decided I wanted some colors other than blue in my collection so I made a turtle :P yay turtle. Once again I used a pattern I purchased from Ana Paula's etsy site ^-^ They're just so cute I can't resist. I had a little trouble getting the head/neck to look the way I wanted and ended up macguyvering a solution :) It turned out how I'd pictured it so I'm happy. I made the underside of the shell blue because I like blue O.o and I wanted to use the same sort of yarn. You see I'm addicted to lion brand's cotton ease yarn, mostly because it doesn't fray and looks really nice when you finish. I find other kinds of yarn has lotsa fly aways. Problem is that cotton ease only comes in pastel-like colors... no bold black, blue, or red, and the green I used here in the turtle is the darkest they have. Oh well... ramble ramble.

Other than the turtle I also finished a Koala as a joke gift for a friend of my husband's who lives in Australia. So once I get the gumption to get out of the house and head to a post office I'll be sending this critter far far away o.o he better like it *L*

So yeah.... That is what I've been up to.... yep... uh huh.... That's all I can think of right now o.o so... bai bai!

3 comments:

HawkZombie said...

Yay!

Hurry up and finish the new one!!

Wendy said...

I'm workin' on it :)

Unknown said...

The drop bear is bloody fantastic. Thank you.