Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I <3 this crochet stuff :)

So one day I'm sitting on my couch, bored and listless, daydreaming about McDonalds and candy whilst my 21month old runs around screaming at the top of his little lungs. I needed a hobby. I'd crocheted before but I'd grown tired of blankets and hats. Heck I'd even made a crochet teddy bear but it came out ugly and kinda scary looking. So... I decided to look for something to do on the net... I quickly discovered amigurumi and all the awesome cuteness of proportionally incorrect animals :P Simple, quick, and undeniably cute, I found myself addicted from the first single crochet stitch. My husband thinks I'm crazy, my son keeps stealing my yarn, and I find my hands cramp up horribly after an hour or so, but.... I love it! I feel a special kind of pride and accomplishment I haven't felt since I was a teenager drawing pictures for my friends. Oh.. and they make great gifts :P

So..... I created this blog to record my various adventures in amigurumi :) I'll post pictures of my little friends and hopefully my addiction will rub off on a few people :P Enough that maybe the freakin' craft store might start carrying safety eyes for stuffed animals &*^&^$%$%^^ :P a heh heh

No comments: